Make sure the file is included in a sync with the Acronis Cloud and the synchronization has completed successfully before generating a public link for that file
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
You attempt to create a public link of one of your files or folders.
- In Windows Explorer, you right-click the file or folder and select True Image -> Publish -> Email link or Copy link.
- Nothing happens. The link is not created.
This is by design. You cannot create a public link to a file or folder that is not part of the sync to Acronis Cloud.
Include the file or folder that you want to publish in a sync with Acronis Cloud:
- Follow instructions from True Image 2013 by Acronis: Synchronization between Different Computers under One Account to start a sync. Include the file or folder with the file you want to publish in that sync. Make sure you click on Yes when asked whether to use Acronis Cloud.
- Wait until the synchronization completes successfully. You will see a small green mark icon on files that are synchronized correctly.
- Now you can create the public link.
(!) If you just back up a file to Acronis Cloud with the "Backup" function without synchronization, you still will not able to generate a public link for the file.