If you are using older version of Acronis True Image Home, uninstall it before installing True Image 2013 by Acronis
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
If you currently have Acronis True Image Home 2011 or Acronis True Image Home 2012 installed, please see True Image 2013 by Acronis: Installation of an Upgrade.
If you currently have one of the following versions of Acronis Home product installed, they should be unistalled first to assure proper installation of True Image 2013 by Acronis:
Otherwise, during the installation, you will see a message similar to this:
Uninstall Acronis True Image Home (version n), and try again
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
- Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Acronis True Image 10 Home
- Acronis True Image 9.0 Home
- Acronis True Image 8.0 Home
- Acronis True Image 7.0 Home
- Acronis True Image 6.0
- Acronis True Image Deluxe
- Acronis True Image OEM
- Acronis True Image Personal Versions
- Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0
- Acronis Migrate Easy 6.0
- Acronis Migrate Easy Deluxe
To install Upgrade version of True Image 2013 by Acronis you need to have two serial numbers:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis Upgrade serial number;
- Acronis True Image Home previous version serial number (upgrade or full).
For information on what previous versions are accepted see Acronis Software Upgrade Table.
For information on where to find the serial numbers see Finding Your Acronis Product Serial Number.
(!) Installation of True Image 2013 by Acronis should be performed under account with Administrator privileges. The product needs to obtain low-level access to machine's disks\partitions which can only be granted under Administrator account
- If older version of Acronis True Image is installed on your machine, please uninstall it first:
- Windows XP: go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or remove programs -> Select Acronis True Image Home product in the list and press Remove
- Windows Vista/ 7: go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program -> select Acronis True Image Home product in the list and press Uninstall
- After uninstallation completes, reboot the machine;
- Run True Image 2013 by Acronis installation file. Depending on the User Account Control settings of your OS, you may be asked for permission to install the program. Press Yes, to allow the setup:
- Once the installation starts it will perform an automatic check for the updates:
- Once you ensure you have the latest version, click Install:
- Read and accept the license agreement, click I accept this agreement and Next. Note that the Next button will be disabled until you check the accept box:
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next:
- Enter the upgrade serial number to install the full version of the product:
If serial number from the previous version remains in the registry, then the product will not ask for it. In this case, go to Step 10.
- Enter a serial number from a previous version of Acronis True Image Home (upgrade or full):
If you have an Internet connection, please check the Activation box:
- Review the installation summary and hit Proceed to install the product:
- Once the installation is finished, you can press Start application to start True Image 2013 by Acronis, or press Finish to exit the installation without starting the product.
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- True Image 2013 by Acronis: Installation
- True Image 2013 by Acronis: Installation of Acronis Plus Pack
- Acronis True Image Home 2012: Upgrade Policy
- Acronis True Image Home Backward Compatibility
- Acronis Software Upgrade Table
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Acronis Customer Central.