Remove the grayed out machines from Acronis Management Server and then add them back to solve the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You have updated Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 to Build 11105;
- After updating, all machines in the Acronis Management Server are grayed out and unmanageable;
- Scheduled tasks on the grayed out machines are still running correctly and you can connect to the machines via a new connection.
Issue in the product. The updated Acronis Management Server does not sync correctly with the managed machines.
The issue is not reproduced with Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11345 or higher. See See Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
To resolve the issue without downloading the latest build, proceed as described below:
From Acronis Management Console connect to Acronis Management Server. Delete the grayed out machines. And then re-add the deleted machines.
For a large environment, you may use scripts to remove and then add the machines back into the Acronis Management Server.
Using the scripts
- First, if you have applied any backup policies to any groups, revoke them:
In Acronis Management Server, right-click group -> View details -> Group policies -> Revoke
- Download and unpack Export and Remove Scripts into a folder on the machine with the Acronis Management Server;
- Browse to the folder and run export_machines_from_AMS.bat. This will export the list of the machines from the Acronis Management Server to machine_list(Backup).txt. Please verify that the list contains all the machines exported from the Acronis Management Server;
- Run Delete_machines_from_AMS.bat. Click Refresh in the Acronis Management Server. This will delete all the machines from management. If there are any left, please delete them manually;
- In Acronis Management Server import all the machines: All physical machines -> Import Machines from file -> select the Machine_list.txt (created previously). The machines will now be re-added to the Acronis Management Server;
(!) Please note that all the machines must have the same access credentials.
(!) If any of the machines fail to be added (e.g. offline when adding), then you can re-import the list again at any time, it will skip machines that were added already.
(!) Importing machines may take a while.
- Move the machines into their groups if necessary. You can do this by right-clicking on group and selecting Add machines.
- Re-apply the backup policies to the groups/machines.
This is a known issue and it has already been fixed. The fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10.