If there is an issue with installation of Acronis Backup, it may be useful to create an installation log and send it along with your request for support. Acronis Backup creates the log automatically.
If installation of any of Acronis Backup components fails in Windows, it will automatically offer you to view the MSI log:
You have two links there:
- View error details:
Here you can see this information:
When clicking the link to Acronis Knowledge Base, you will be directed to a corresponding article if available.
It is recommended that you copy the complete Event Code from the text box below the link into your support request. This is done to improve our Acronis Smart Error Reporting for our Customers.
- View log:
Here you will see the detailed MSI log of the error of the installation:
It is recommended to save the log (File -> Save as...), so that you can send it to Acronis Support with a support request.
Logs are saved automatically in:
- %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Acronis\InstallationLogs or
- %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis\InstallationLogs
In most cases it is recommended that you also send a Windows System Information File along with the installation log.
- Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis Software
- Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology
- Getting Support through Acronis Website
- Creating Screenshots
- Uploading Files to Acronis FTP Server