Instructions on how to create WinPE media
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis Plus Pack
Using True Image 2013 by Acronis Plus Pack you can create Win-PE based rescue media.
For instructions on creating Linux-based Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, see True Image 2013 by Acronis: Creating Acronis Bootable Media.
To create WinPE media, you need to have both True Image 2013 by Acronis Plus Pack and Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) installed.
After both True Image 2013 by Acronis Plus Pack and Windows AIK are installed, you can proceed to creating WinPE media. This article describes how to create a WinPE ISO from scratch.
- Launch command prompt:
- Windows XP/Vista: go to Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Windows AIK -> Windows PE Tools Command Prompt
- Windows 7: go to Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Windows AIK -> Deployment Tools Command Prompt
- Create a folder with Windows PE files using copype command, e.g. run the following command:
copype x86 c:\winpe_x86
- Go to Start -> Programs -> Acronis -> True Image 2013 Plus Pack -> Acronis WinPE ISO Builder;
- A welcome page is displayed. Click Next;
- Specify a path to ISO folder in WinPE files: e.g. if you extracted WinPE files to C:\winpe_x86, the path to ISO folder is C:\winpe_x86\ISO:
- Choose Add components and build an ISO:
- Specify a location where to save the resulting ISO image and a name for it:
- Check the details on Summary screen and click Proceed:
- Burn the .ISO to CD or DVD using a third-party tool. See Burning an ISO Image.