How to move an activated True Image 2013 by Acronis license to a different machine
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
In some cases it may be necessary to install your copy of True Image 2013 by Acronis to another machine.
One serial number allows you to install True Image 2013 on a limited number of computers. The Standard edition of the product can be activated on 1 computer only. For the Family Pack edition the limit is 3 computers.
If during activation True Image 2013 detects that the limit is exceeded, it displays the following error message:
Too many activations
You may receive this error message in the following cases:
- You exceed the limit of available activations. For example, you have a Standard edition and attempt to install True Image 2013 on more than 1 machine;
- You reinstall or upgrade your operating system;
- You upgrade your machine with new hardware;
- You replace your machine with a new one.
In such a case you can either buy a new serial number or move the license to your new computer from another one on which the product is already activated. If you want to move the license, perform the steps from the Solution section of this article.
The process of transferring license to a new computer depends on whether the new machine is connected to the Internet. See appropriate section for instructions.
You can always purchase an additional serial number of True Image 2013 by Acronis if you want to keep both copies activated.