Backing up to FTP server
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2014
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
The following backups support FTP server as destination:
- Disk and partition backup
- File backup
- E-mail backup
(!) Acronis Nonstop Backup cannot be saved on FTP.
- (!) An FTP server must allow passive mode file transfers. For data to be recovered directly from an FTP server, the backup must consist of files no greater than 2GB each.
- (!) The firewall settings of the source computer should have Ports 20 and 21 opened for the TCP and UDP protocols to function.
- (!) The Routing and Remote Access Windows service should be disabled.
You can back up to FTP when running the product both from Windows or Acronis Bootable Media.
- Select Disk and partition backup, File backup or E-mail backup on Backup and recovery tab;
- Click the down arrow next to Destination and select Browse:
- Click New FTP connection:
- Enter the required information:
- Full path to the FTP server, for example: ftp://my.server.com
- User name
- Hit Test connection. You should see the Connection established message:
- Click Connect;
- You will see your FTP server in FTP Connections list and the contents of your FTP server:
Select a location for your backup and press OK. FTP server will be shown in Destination field: