Installation of Acronis Product Fails with "Error 1401" and "UNKNOWN\Components..." in MSI Log
Installation of Acronis Product Fails with "Error 1401" and "UNKNOWN\Components..." install Error in the lines preceding "Return value 3", then it means that the installation user have insufficient rights in the registry in the log.
Installation rollback due to registry access issue example from MSI Log:
MSI Log Cut
MSI (s) (A0:98) [10:24:55:153]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
MSI (s) (A0:98) [10:24:55:154]: Product: Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent – Error 1401. Could not create key. UNKNOWN\Components\0733F333F0207444980BE9FD9491F29A\592EC878CC40F9E488DEB8748562AC80. System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Action ended at 0:24:55: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
There are two possible solutions:
- Attempt to install the product under a different user that has sufficient rights. For example, under the default local administrator;
- Or correct the rights manually:
(!) The solution involves editing Windows Registry. Please back up your Windows Registry prior to applying the solution.
- Open the registry (Start-Run -> regedit);
- Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\<Your User SID>\Components
where <Your User SID> is the SID of the user under which the installation is attempted. It can be found by searching the MSI log for UserSID. For example UserSID = S-1-5-21-3488340926-2396348757-3477327232-1142.
- Right-click on the Components key and select Permissions:
- Select Advanced:
- Check the Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object:
- Open the Owner tab, select Administrators, check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and press OK:
Reattempt the installation