Uninstall Microsoft Outlook and re-install Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO
- Installation of Acronis Agent for Exchange fails if Microsoft Outlook is detected on an Exchange server. The relevant error message is shown.
- When trying to browse, back up, or recover an individual mailbox, or back up a database with the Metadata collection option set to Include mailboxes and folders or to Include e-mails, the following error occurs: "Microsoft Outlook is detected on this server. It affects backup, recovery, and browse operations with mailboxes."
Acronis Backup works with Exchange mailboxes by using Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO. Microsoft Outlook substitutes some of the Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO files on the Exchange server with its own version of MAPI and CDO. This corrupts Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO and prevents Acronis Backup from correct work with Exchange mailboxes.
Perform the following steps on the Exchange server where Microsoft Outlook is detected:
- Uninstall Microsoft Outlook by using Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel.
- If installation still fails after uninstalling Microsoft Outlook, go to Start -> Run -> regedit and check if registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\<Version>\Outlook or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\<Version>\Outlook (depending on which version of Outlook, 32-bit or 64-bit, was installed) is present and delete it. We recommend you to export the key before deleting.
- [For Exchange Server 2007/2010] Uninstall the package with Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and CDO by using Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel.
- [For Exchange Server 2007/2010] Install the package with Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and CDO 1.2.1.
- [For Exchange Server 2007/2010] Restart Acronis Managed Machine Service (if Acronis Agent for Exchange is already installed).
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central with the reference to this article if you have any questions or issues.