Acronis Management Server database accumulates entries with completed activities and accepted alerts, and can reach considerable size because of this. To reduce the size of Acronis Management Server database you can use a special script to clean up older entries.
- Download the archive remove_history.zip
- Make sure there are no backups running on any machine managed by Acronis Management Server;
- Unzip the archive and copy its contents to the Acronis Management Server root folder:
- Windows XP/2003: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis\AMS
- Windows Vista/2008/7: %ProgramData%\Acronis\AMS
- Stop Acronis Management Server service:
- Hit Win+R to open the Run window. Type in services.msc and click OK;
- In the Services window locate Acronis Management Server Service;
- Right-click on the service and select Stop in the pop-up menu;
- Make sure the remove_history script files are in the AMS root folder:
- Execute the script remove_history.bat from the folder to which you unpacked the downloaded archive;
You can provide optional argument to the script in the YYYY-MM-DD [HH:MM:SS] format and in this case only activities and alerts older than specified date will be removed. Otherwise all completed activities and accepted alerts will be removed.
- Start Acronis Management Server service.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11: Removing Obsolete Alerts from Acronis Management Server
- Acronis Backup Advanced: Removing Incomplete Activities and Backup Plans with False Status on Acronis Management Server