Delete the Acronis Agent and Acronis Storage Node log files
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You have update your Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 to Build 17437 (currently, the latest one);
- After completing the update, the Acronis Managed Machine Service (Acronis Agent) and the Acronis Storage Node Service unexpectedly stop - e.g. you start the service, and it immediately stops with no warning.
The most probable cause is that there are corrupted XML log files left from the previous build.
The LogViewManager component attempts to convert the logs to the new format (SQLite database) and fails to read them - this results in the immediate service termination.
You will need to delete the log files from the previous product build to make sure there are no corrupted entries:
- Invoke Windows Services Manager (Start-Run -> services.msc). Right-click on all of the Acronis services and click Stop;
- Find and delete the LogContexts and LogEvents folders from the following locations:
Acronis Managed Machine Service
- Windows Vista/7/2008 Server: \ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\
- Windows XP/2000/ 2003 Server: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\
Acronis Storage Node
- Windows Vista/7/2008 Server: \ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\
- Windows XP/2000/ 2003 Server: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\
- Invoke Windows Services Manager again and start all of the Acronis services.
Future updates will be able to ignore the corrupted data during the logs conversion operation if needed. Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.