Incorrect user name and password for the target machine have been specified
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You are setting up a remote installation of Acronis components to a remote machine;
- On the target machine selection window you specify a machine name or IP address and provide user name and password to add the machine;
- After clicking OK you receive the following error message:
Failed to connect to the agent on remote machine
You have specified incorrect user name and/or password for the remote machine.
The Acronis Management Server Service and Acronis Managed Machine Service should not be run under Local System account.
Please specify the correct user name and/or password. Please note that due to security policy in your environment password on the target machine may expire. You will need to reestablish connection to the machine with the new password.
Also, make sure that the Acronis Management Server Service and Managed Managed Machine Service are not running under Local System account. Please see Acronis Backup & Recovery: Do Not Run Acronis Managed Machine Service under the Local System Account. The procedure is exactly the same both for Acronis Management Server Service and Acronis Managed Machine Service.
Please contact Acronis Support if you need assistance.