Update to the latest build or turn on snapshotting for file backup
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- On an attempt to run a file backup you receive an interaction window:
- Clicking any of the options on the interaction window produces an empty error:
You are trying to create a file-level backup with the snapshotting turned off.
One of the files that you are trying to back up is locked for exclusive access by some other software (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, antivirus etc).
To stop the current task, click Close on the interaction window:
Then stop the task manually by doing a right-click on it and selecting Stop:
This issue with the buttons on the interaction window has been fixed. The fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11. After updating to the latest build, clicking any of the options on the interaction window will result in a corresponding action (e.g. clicking Ignore will ignore the error).
If you want to back up files locked for exclusive access, please turn on the snapshotting:
- Right-click on the backup task and click Edit:
- Select File-level backup snapshot:
- Select Always create a snapshot:
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.