The backup is on an external disk which is unavailable at the time of the validation
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You have a backup located on an external disk;
- You have automatic validation scheduled for the backup;
- The validation fails with the following error in the product log:
Failed to prepare data stream. Check whether the source and target partitions exist
The backup is located on an external disk and is unavailable at the time of validation.
There are two possible causes:
- The external disk with the backup is not plugged in at the time of the validation;
- The external disk with the backup is plugged in but has a drive letter different from the original one.
If the external disk is not plugged in, please plug it in.
If the drive letter has changed, you can change it back to the original one. Please see Windows: Changing an Assigned Drive Letter.
Please contact Acronis Support if you need assistance.