This is a warning that is safe to ignore. Warning has been removed from the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11, please update the product.
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You successfully complete a backup or restore operation;
- In the product log there is a warning similar to the following one:
Failed to detect GRUB loader
An invalid sector size
You will see this warning if both of the following conditions are met:
- There is a GRUB loader on the source disk (the one that you back up) or on the target disk (the one to which you restore);
- The sector size of the source or target disks is 4 KB (4096 bytes).
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 cannot detect GRUB on disks with 4 KB sector size.
This warning can be safely ignored. It only means that the product failed to detect the GRUB loader.
The backup/restore operations complete successfully.
You can also update to the latest build that does not have this warning. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.