Make sure the external device is accessible
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You have a backup located on an external device (e.g., card reader, flash drive, USB drive);
- You attempt to edit the backup settings:
- The attempt fails with the following errors:
Error code: 0x006400D0+0x00640907+0x00AC0041+0x00AC0040+0x01AF0006+0x01AF0005+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x80070057
Error code: 0x006400D0+0x00640905+0x00AC0041+0x00AC0040+0x01AF0006+0x01AF0005+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x80070057
Error message: Failed to open item
The external device is inaccessible:
- There is no memory card in the card reader.
- The flash drive or USB disk is inaccessible.
(!) The ability to edit a backup task with unavailable backup location has been implemented and is available in the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2012.
For older builds please see below:
If you have a card reader, please make sure there is a memory card in the device. If not, please put it in.
If this is a flash drive or a USB disk, please make sure it is accessible - e.g. try opening it from Windows.
If you do not need the backup anymore, you can remove it from the list by clicking Remove from the list:
Alternatively, if the letter of the disk where you keep the backup has changed, you can change it back to the original one. Please see Windows: Changing an Assigned Drive Letter.
See also Acronis True Image Home 2012.