The task script is locked by some application
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You open the Edit backup settings dialog or you are creating a new task;
- On an attempt to apply the changes by clicking Save, the product errors out with:
Failed to deploy task
The product cannot receive exclusive access to the task scripts. As a result, an attempt to edit the task fails.
The backup task scripts have the *.tis file extension and are located at:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
Most probably, you antivirus software has locked the task scripts.
- Typically the script files can be locked by antivirus programs. To avoid locking in this case you will need to add the script files to the antivirus program exclusion list;
- If the antivirus has not locked the script files, it could be some other process. You can try rebooting the machine to make the system release the script files;
- You can also check what process has locked the script file by using the free Microsoft Process Explorer tool:
- Read about the tool and download it at Microsoft TechNet: Process Explorer;
- Once installed, click Find -> Find Hand or DLL (or just hit CTRL-F on the keyboard);
- Type in .tis in Hand or DLL substring;
- See what process has locked the file.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.