Unmount any backups that you have or reboot the machine to solve the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image
- You attempt to perform an automatic or manual consolidation of your backups:
- The operation fails with the following error:
Failed to open data stream. Access denied
The product cannot receive exclusive access to the backups. As a result, the consolidation attempt fails.
- Check if the backup that you are trying to consolidate is not mounted. If it is, it is locked by the system and cannot be used for consolidation. Please unmount it. See Acronis Web Help: Unmounting an image;
- If the backup is not mounted, it could be locked by some other process. You can try rebooting the machine to make the system release the backup files;
- You can also check what process has locked the backup file by using the free Microsoft Process Explorer tool:
- Read about the tool and download it at Microsoft TechNet: Process Explorer;
- Once installed, click Find -> Find Hand or DLL (or just hit CTRL-F on the keyboard);
- Type in .tib in Hand or DLL substring;
- See what process has locked the file:
Typically files can be locked by antivirus programs. To avoid locking in this case you will need to add backup files to the antivirus program exclusion list or just terminate program for a while (not recommended).
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.