Download and install a SnapAPI update to fix the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
An attempt to run a new or an existing backup plan fails with the following error:
The specified module could not be found
The DLL SnapAPI library is missing.
The default folder for the DLL SnapAPI library is:
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\snapapi.dll
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\snapapi.dll
To fix the issue, download, unpack, and install SnapAPI 640.
This will place the DLL library back in the default folder.
(!) If the SnapAPI 640 will ask for a reboot, then you will need to reboot the machine.
In all other cases it is recommended that you restart the Acronis Managed Machine Service:
- Go to Start -> Run -> services.msc
- Right-click on the following Acronis service, and click Restart:
Acronis Managed Machine Service
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.