Make sure you are using the correct port number and have SSL
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
An attempt to send an E-Mail notification from the product fails with an error message similar to the following one:
There are two possible causes:
- Wrong port has been specified:
Typical port for unsecured connection: 25
- SSL: 465
- TLS: 587
These values may vary depending on the SMTP configuration. Check your SMTP config to make sure you are using the correct port for secure connection.
- TLS encryption has been specified:
- Make sure you are using the correct port. Typical port for TLS is 587.
- If the notification fails with the correct port, then the TLS certificate from the server is most probable expired and not supported by the Acronis software.
Make sure you are using the correct port. Check your SMTP config to make sure you are using the correct port for secure connection.
If the port is correct and you are using TLS encryption, please switch to SSL:
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.