Start the Acronis Managed Machine service manually to solve the issue
- You create Acronis Bootable Media using Acronis Plug-in for WinPE 1.x or Acronis Plug-in for BartPE. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Adding Acronis Plug-in to WinPE 1.x or Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Building BartPE with Acronis Plug-in;
- You boot from the created Acronis Bootable Media;
- Acronis Bootable Media fails to start with an error message similar to the following one:
Failed to establish local connection to the Acronis Managed Machine Service. Please make sure that the service is installed and its Status is set to Started.
The Acronis Managed Machine service needs to be started to let Acronis Bootable Media with Acronis Plug-in for WinPE 1.x or Acronis Plug-in for BartPE run.
(!) This has been fixed. The fix is available in the latest released build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To fix the issue without downloading the latest build, do the following:
- In the command line enter net start mms;
- Then start Acronis Bootable Media X:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\trueimage_starter.exe
After you receive the error message, start the Acronis Managed Machine service manually (you have to be booted from Acronis Bootable Media based on WinPE or BartPE):
- Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software
- Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product