The task that you are trying to run was created under a different account and you do not have enough privileges to run it
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
- Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server
- You are trying to manually run a scheduled task (backup or validation) in Windows;
- The operation fails with an error message similar to the following one:
E00640067: Failed to run the task
Failed to execute the task script. Error #1314 - "A required privilege is not held by the client (0xFFF0)
code = 80070522
Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF".
(!) Other operations may also fail with this error message. The solution will be the same as described below.
The most probable cause is that the task was created under a different Windows user account (even if it had Administrator rights). The scheduled tasks can be executed manually only by the user who originally created these tasks. On the other side non-scheduled tasks can be executed by any user who has Administrator/Backup Operator privileges.
- Delete all scheduled tasks with the task zap command and Acronis scheduling utility. See Acronis Scheduler Manager for complete instructions.
- Recreate the tasks using your version of Acronis backup software. Reattempt the operation.
The issue should now be resolved.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if the issue persists or you need assistance.