Validation of a backup acrhive breaks with an error message saying that there are not enough system resources or memory
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Echo Family
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Family
- Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
You run a validation task on an Acronis backup archive;
The validation task fails with an error message similar to one of the following:
ERROR 1450: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
ERROR 1450: / hex 0x5aa ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES
ERROR 1130: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
ERROR 1130/ h ex 0x46a ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_SERVER_MEMORY
Backup of large system volume (e.g., more than 700 GB) may consume more memory than the system can provide.
Do one or several of the following:
- If backing up to a Network Share and the error occurs, then attempt to increase the IRP Stacksize as described in Shared Folders Cannot be Accessed after Installation of an Acronis Product
- Increase memory pool size as described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 304101;
- Do not run or schedule for the same date and time both backup and validation tasks for large volumes;
- Stop memory demanding services during the course of the backup, please see: Using Batch Files in Acronis True Image
If you have further questions or need assistance please contact Acronis Support.