If you add a machine with Acronis Agent by its IP Address, then Acronis Management Console will not be able to connect to it after the Acronis Agent's IP changes
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You add a machine with Acronis Agent to the list of managed machines in Acronis Management Console by the machine’s IP Address (as opposed to adding by the machine's name);
- The machine's IP Address changes (which is very likely to happen in a network with DHCP server);
- The machine's status changes to Offline and no operation can be performed with it.
Since the machine was added by its IP Address, Acronis Management Console uses the specified IP Address to connect to the machine.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. See Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
To work around the issue, proceed as described below:
As a workaround, reconnect to the machine. In a network that has IP addresses assigned by DHCP server and the IP addresses are often changed for the machines, it is recommended to add new machines by their names.
In a future update of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Acronis Agents will notify Acronis Management Console of the IP Address change.