There are probably two or more drives with the same signature in the machine
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
- Acronis True Image Small Business Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
- Using Acronis True Image you are trying to create a backup;
- The backup operation fails with an error message similar to the following one:
Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(2D074C67)
There are incorrect or duplicate hard disk drive signatures in the machine.
- Recreate the backup task and try running it again;
- If the issue persists, do the following:
- Create Acronis Report;
- After running the report, open the created report.txt file;
- In the file, search for the signature, which appears in the error message (e.g. 2D074C67). You can search by hitting CTRL-F:
- If there are two drives with the same signature, then this is the cause of the problem. The only way to change it by means of Acronis True Image is to boot the machine from Acronis Bootable Media, create a backup of this disk on another one, and then restore it back to this same drive.
- If there is only one drive with such signature, then collect additional information by running AcronisInfo Utility and contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article and the collected information.
Two disks with the same NT signature cannot work under one operating system. If there are two disks with the same NT signature, at the startup the operating system will run from the first disk, discover the same signature on the second one, automatically generate a new unique NT signature and assign it to the second disk. As a result, all the volumes on the second disk will lose their letters, all paths will be invalid on the disk, and programs will not find their files. The operating system on the second disk will be unbootable.