Make sure you have both Acronis True Image Home 2012 Upgrade serial number and a serial number from a previous version of Acronis True Image Home
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
You can install Acronis True Image Home 2012 with an upgrade serial number over a previous version or on a clean system (i.e. a system that does not have a previous version installed).
You do not need to have a previous version of Acronis True Image Home installed to be able to install Acronis True Image Home 2012 Upgrade.
(!) Installation over a previous version of Acronis True Image Home will require a reboot. Installation on a system where Acronis True Image Home is not installed will not require a reboot to operate Acronis True Image Home 2012
Acronis True Image Home 2011 backup archives are fully compatible with Acronis True Image Home 2012.
All you need to have is two serial numbers:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012 Upgrade serial number;
- Acronis True Image Home previous version serial number (upgrade or full).
For information on what previous versions are accepted see Acronis Software Upgrade Table.
For information on where to find the serial numbers see Finding Your Acronis Product Serial Number.
(!) Installation of Acronis True Image Home 2012 should be performed under account with Administrator privileges. The product needs to obtain low-level access to machine's disks\partitions which can only be granted under Administrator account
- Run the installation file and make sure it is the latest version:
- Once you have the latest version, click Install:
- If you accept the license agreement, click I accept this agreement and Next:
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next:
- Enter the upgrade serial number to install the full version of the product:
- Enter a serial number from a previous version of Acronis True Image Home (upgrade or full):
If you have Internet connection, please check the Activation box:
- Review the installation summary and hit Proceed to install the product:
Once the installation is finished, you can press Start application to start True Image 2013 by Acronis, or press Finish to exit the installation without starting the product:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012: Upgrade Policy
- Acronis True Image Home Backward Compatibility
- Acronis Software Upgrade Table
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Acronis Customer Central.