Disable automatic scanning of MAC addresses to work around the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Virtual Edition
- Acronis True Image Echo for MS Windows SBS
- Acronis Group Server hangs when scanning the network for computers;
- In the Acronis Group Server log there are numerous Failed to get MAC address for computer... messages.
In some network configurations MAC addresses cannot be resolved automatically.
As a workaround, disable automatic scanning of MAC addresses:
- Hit Start-Run and type in regedit;
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEcho\Fomatik\Plugins\GroupServer;
- Create a new DWORD value:
- Right-click -> New -> DWORD Value;
- Set ResolveMacs as Value name and 00000000 as Value data.