Windows Vista hangs on first reboot, when trying to install it on an NTFS partition formatted with Acronis Disk Director
This article applies to:
- Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 Build 2160 or lower;
- Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0 Build 2161 or lower.
- Using Acronis Disk Director you format a partition in NTFS;
- On the NTFS formatted partition you are trying to install Windows Vista;
- On the first reboot required by the installation of Windows Vista, the machine hangs with a black screen.
Issue in the product and partition alignment.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Disk Director 10.0. For information on how to download the latest build, see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
The issue has been fixed and does not exist in the current Acronis products.