As a workaround, disable one of the NICs in Device Manager
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
- You have Acronis OS Deploy Server installed on a machine with multiple NICs and only one of the NICs is plugged in the network;
- A deployment attempt (both multicast and unicast) fails with the following error:
In the product:
Failed to start multicast session
Failed to connect to FileServer
In the Acronis OS Deploy Server logs (ProgramData\Acronis\snapdeploy\FileServer\Logs) there is the following error:
StartMulticast: Failed to bind on specified address 169.254.XXX.XXX
The NICs not plugged in the network have internal IP Addresses that confuse the Acronis OS Deploy Server.
(!) The issue does not reproduce on all machines.
As workaround, do the following:
- Disable the unused NICs Windows Device Manager;
- After disabling the unused NICs, restart the Acronis OS Deploy Server service and Acronis PXE Server service:
- Hit Start-Run and type in services.msc
- Right-click on the following services and select Restart:
- Acronis File Server service
- Acronis PXE Server service
See also Acronis Snap Deploy 4.