The specified file cannot be found
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You attempt an operation (backup, explore, restore, delete, edit backup settings) with a backup archive located on an external hard drive;
- Operation fails with error code 0x00040007 and the following error message:
The specified file does not exist
Most probably, the external device is not accessible.
This code can appear in several situations when there is an error while accessing the file on external device.
In Build 6131 (or higher) this code has been separated into 3 codes reflecting different situations. You can find a solution in one of the following articles:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012 Errors Out on an Attempt to Delete a Backup from an Unplugged Drive
- Acronis True Image Home 2012 Errors Out with "Failed to open item"
- Acronis True Image Home 2012 Errors Out with "Failed to open item" if the Backup is on External Device
You can also download and install Build 6131 (or higher). If this build is installed, the error code will point you to specific article with a solution. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.