A tool to import Acronis True Image Echo tasks to Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
You can use Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Upgrade Tool to import Acronis True Image Echo tasks to Acronis Backup & Recovery 10.
(!) The tasks that back up data to Acronis Backup Server or validate archives stored on it will not be imported to Acronis Backup & Recovery 10.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Upgrade Tool is a command-line utility located in the Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 installation directory, in the UpgradeTool subdirectory.
Change the current folder to the folder where the upgrade tool is installed - by default: C:\Program Files\Acronis\UpgradeTool
If Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 is installed in a folder other than the default folder, change the path accordingly.
To import Acronis True Image Echo (local version) or Acronis True Image Echo Agent tasks run the following command:
cscript UpgradeTool.vbs Agent
To import Acronis Group Server tasks to Acronis Management Server (both must be installed on the same machine) run the following commands:
cscript UpgradeTool.vbs GS [-r]
(the optional parameter -r is described below). Otherwise, run the following command:
cscript UpgradeTool.vbs GS MachineName -u UserName [-p Password] [-r]
Description of parameters:
- MachineName - Specifies the name or IP address of the machine where the group server is installed;
- -u UserName - Specifies the user name of a member of the Administrators group on the MachineName machine;
- -p Password - Specifies the password for the UserName user. If you skip this parameter, the upgrade tool will prompt you for a password;
- -r - Effective only if you are planning to upgrade the machines' tasks. See "Upgrading Acronis True Image Echo Agents and Local Versions".
This parameter prohibits the conversion of local backup plans, resulting from the upgrade of group tasks on a machine, to centralized backup plans. When this parameter is specified, local backup plans resulting from upgrade of group tasks on a machine, will remain local after the machine is registered on Acronis Management Server. Otherwise, Acronis Management Server will convert them to centralized backup plans and establish correspondence between these centralized plans and the policy resulting from the group task upgrade.
- The imported group tasks become Acronis Management Server's backup policies and appear in the Backup policies view.
- (After you upgraded tasks on a machine and if you did not specify the -r parameter.) When a machine to which a group task was originally applied registers on Acronis Management Server, the corresponding backup policy will become applied to that machine.
To import Acronis Backup Server’s locations to Storage Node, log in to Storage Node as administrator. In the command-line run the following:
cscript UpgradeTool.vbs BS
- The backup server's backup locations are the storage node's centralized vaults.
- If the storage node is registered on the management server, these centralized vaults will appear on the management server in the Vaults view.
- Each centralized vault is named according to the backup location's folder.
- Each centralized vault displays all archives currently present in the corresponding backup location.
- Change the current directory to: /usr/lib/Acronis/UpgradeTool
- For standalone or Acronis Agent for Linux run the following command:
- Tasks that were present in Acronis True Image Echo, are converted to Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 tasks and appear in the Backup plans and tasks view.
- Each backup task's schedule, items to back up, and backup destination are the same as before, but the task will create a new archive to perform further backups.
- Each backup task is part of a backup plan. You can edit the backup plan to change the task's schedule or other parameters.
- The task’s log entries are not imported.