You can use Acronis Plug-in for WinPE to build BartPE
BartPE is software that allows you to boot into Windows environment from media. The main advantage is that it uses Windows drivers and has Windows graphical user interface.
Acronis Plug-in for WinPE is available in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 and can be used to build BartPE.
- Install Acronis Bootable Media Builder from the Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 setup file;
- Go to the following folder:
Windows 32 bit: \Program Files\Acronis\BootableComponents\WinPE
Windows 64 bit: \Program Files (x86)\Acronis\BootableComponents\WinPE
unzip WinPE.zip and run the export_license.bat script. It will check for available licenses and enable the proper components such as Acronis Universal Restore and/or Deduplication in the plug-in. Running the export_license.bat script will also create acronis.inf file so you can use the plug-in with PE Builder;
- Download the Bart PE builder and install it;
- Copy the extracted contents of \Program Files\Acronis\BootableComponents\WinPE\WinPE.zip to the %BartPE folder%\plugins\Acronis;
(!) You may need to create \plugins\Acronis folder if it does not exist.
- Insert your Windows distribution CD if you do not have a copy of Windows installation files on the HDD;
(!) The files at C:\WINDOWS are not installation files.
- Start the Bart PE builder;
- Specify the path to the Windows installation files or Windows distribution CD;
- Click Plugins and check whether the Acronis plug-in is enabled. Enable if disabled;
- Specify the output folder and the full path to the resulting ISO file including the file name or the media to create;
- Build the BartPE;
- Burn the ISO to CD or DVD (if this has not been done yet) or copy to a flash drive.
Once the machine boots into the Bart PE and you configure the network connection, select Go -> System -> Storage -> Acronis Backup and Recovery to start.
(!) If the media does not boot, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Acronis Bootable Media Created with WinPE 1.6 or BartPE Fails to Start.
BartPE supports adding two types of drivers: storage drivers and network drivers. For instructions on how to add drivers please refer to http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/help/english/drivers.htm
There is also an option to add storage drivers (for RAID or SCSI devices) during BartPE boot-up. (You need to press F6 and point to the diskette with the drivers). Common storage drivers are available at http://nu2.nu/pebuilder/drivers/.