How to install Acronis Agent for Windows remotely
Install Acronis License Server and Acronis Management Console. See:
- Installing or Upgrading Acronis License Server;
- Installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Console.
(!) For successful installation on a remote machine running any Windows XP version, the option Control panel -> Folder options -> View -> Use simple file sharing must be disabled on that machine.
(!) For successful installation on a remote machine running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows 2003 Server, the option Control panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> File and Printer Sharing must be enabled on that machine.
(!) Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 uses TCP ports 445 and 25001 for remote installation. Make sure that these ports are added to exceptions in the firewall settings on the remote machines.
(!) If the remote machines are members of an Active Directory domain and use no firewall other than Windows Firewall, you can add TCP port 25001 to exceptions by using Group Policy. On a domain controller, create a Group Policy object, then go to Administrative Templates -> Network -> Network Connections -> Windows Firewall -> Domain Profile -> Windows Firewall: Define port exceptions, and then add the following port exception:
- 25001:tcp:*:enabled:Acronis remote install
- TCP port 445 is added to exceptions automatically by Windows Firewall when you enable File and Printer Sharing.
You can exclude both ports from exceptions after the remote installation is complete.
(!) See also:
- Installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Over Beta Versions
- Remote Installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Components Fails Immediately after Clicking "Proceed"
Install Acronis Agent for Windows;
Run Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Console;
Click Install Acronis components;
Select the installer location from the list (Registered Components, Search removable media or Specify location). The default selection Registered Components will use setup files from the default folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\RemoteInstall
Specify the features of Acronis Agent for Windows that you want to install;
Specify the name or IP address of the Acronis License Server, or type a trial license key. You can use a single trial license key for remote installation to multiple machines;
Select machines on which Acronis Agent is to be installed. This can be done by:
- Browsing the network. When browsing the network, you can select individual machines, as well as entire workgroups or domains;
- Typing machine names or IP addresses (click Next then add machines to the list);
- Importing the list of the machines from .txt or .csv files.
Provide the administrator's user name and password for each machine. If there is a universal administrator account on the network, enter the account credentials for one machine and set the option to apply it to all the machines that you select. Domain administrator credentials and universal credentials for workgroups can be applied in this way.
If you do not specify credentials for all machines involved, or if the credentials are not valid for some machines, you will have an option to provide credentials during installation (there is an option Other user in the user name and password error prompt).
The summary window displays a list of machines where the agent will be installed.
Once the installation starts, the program displays the operation progress and the name of the machine on which the agent is being installed.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows Installation Fails with "timntr_2k.sys/timntr_64.sys is missing"
- Firewall settings for Acronis products
- Acronis License Server Marks License as "Used" Even if Installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Component Fails