By default Acronis Backup creates cache of file system metadata of volumes backed up on tapes in the following folder:
Windows Vista/7/8/2008/2008 R2/2012: \ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\TapeLocation
Windows XP/2003: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\TapeLocation
This cache is required for cataloging, browsing and restoring files from disk archives located on tapes. Sometimes the large size of the cache might cause the system partition with low disk space to become full.
See also Web Help: Tape management.
Below are instructions on how to move the cache location to a different folder.
Use junction point to change the TapeLocation folder:
- Invoke Windows Services (Start-Run -> services.msc) and stop all Acronis services.
- Create a new folder in the new location.
- Copy the contents of default TapeLocation to the newly created folder.
- Rename original TapeLocation folder to TapeLocation_old.
- Use the junction.exe tool to create a junction point:
- download the junction.exe tool from Microsoft Technet Website;
- open Command Prompt (Start-Run -> cmd.exe);
- issue the following command to create the junction point:
junction.exe "<Path_to_the_Default_TapeLocation_folder>" <Path_to_the_New_TapeLocation_folder>
- (!) Make sure that backups work correctly. Then you can delete the TapeLocation_old folder.
- Start Acronis services.
As a result NTFS file system will forward all request from default TapeLocation to the newly created location.