Install a new version of SnapAPI drivers with a fix
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You are using 3ware controller (e.g. 3ware 9650, 3ware 9750);
- You install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 over Acronis Backup & Recovery 10;
- You open Windows Event Viewer (Start-Run -> eventvwr.msc) and in System Log see errors similar to the following one:
Event ID: 11
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0
SnapAPI driver uses ATA_PASS_THROUGH(12) command which causes controller errors on 3ware controllers.
- On the machine where the issue appears, hit Start-Run and type in services.msc. In Services window, stop Acronis Managed Machine Service;
- Download snapapisetup_reg.zip and unpack the archive;
- Run SnapAPISetup651.msi to install updated version of SnapAPI drivers and reboot the machine;
(!) If you use Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 build 17437 or higher, you must skip Step 3 completely, as this build contains the necessary version of SnapAPI drivers. Move to Step 4 right away.
- Run Klib-disable-APT-for-RAID.reg to update the registry
- Hit Start-Run and type in services.msc. Start Acronis Managed Machine Service;
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.