The backup script cannot be found. Restart the product and delete the backup manually, if needed
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2015
- Acronis True Image 2014
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You attempt to delete or remove the backup from the list in Acronis True Image:
- The attempt fails with error "The specified file does not exist" and code 0x00640231+0x0090000D+0x00900014+0x00040011
The backup script for the backup file that you are trying to delete or remove is missing.
The backup scripts are located in:
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 - C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
If you restart the product (close it and open again), the backup box with the missing script will disappear.
If you need to delete the actual backup files from the computer, please do this via Windows Explorer.
(!) Under normal circumstances you should not delete a backup manually. But since this is an issue, manual deletion is the only option here and will not cause any other issues.
See also Acronis True Image 2015.