Plug in the external device that has the backup or remove the backup from the list. Or change the drive letter of external disk back to the original one
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You have a backup located on an external device (e.g. removable USB drive);
- You attempt to edit the backup settings:
- The attempt fails with the following errors:
Error code: 0x006400D0+0x00640907+0x00AC0041+0x00AC0040+0x01AF0006+0x01AF0005+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x8007000F
Error code: 0x006400D0+0x00640905+0x00AC0041+0x00AC0040+0x01AF0006+0x01AF0005+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x8007000F
Error code: 0x006400D0+0x00640906+0x00AC0041+0x00AC0040+0x01AF0006+0x01AF0005+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x8007000F
Error message: Failed to open item
The external device, on which the backup is located, is unavailable. Or the drive letter of the external device has changed.
For example, the USB drive with the backup is not plugged in. Or the USB drive had letter E: when it was created, after you unplugged it and plugged it back, the drive letter changed to F:.
Plug in the device with the backup.
If you do not need the backup anymore, you can remove it from the list by clicking Remove from the list:
If the drive letter has changed, then please remove the backup from the list and readd it:
- Remove the faulty backup entry from the list (right-click -> More -> Remove from the list):
- Now that the faulty entry is removed, readd the backup. Click Browse for backup and navigate to the actual location of the backup. Click Add to backup list:
- Once the backup is added to the list, right-click on it and select Recreate backup settings:
Alternatively, you can also change the drive letter of the disk back to the original one. Please see Windows: Changing an Assigned Drive Letter.
See also Acronis True Image Home 2012.