Restart the program or create the temporary folder manually
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You click Check for updates in Acronis True Image Home 2012 or the product offers to download and install an update automatically on program start (if Automatic Update notification is enabled):
- The product starts downloading the update but errors out with the following message:
An error has occurred during downloading
%TMP%\AcronisUpdates folder, to which the product is trying to download the update, is blocked by third-party software - most likely, by your antivirus.
Folder %TMP%\AcronisUpdates is used for storing Acronis True Image 2012 installation files downloaded via automatic check for updates. This folder is created at program start.
- Add the %TMP%\AcronisUpdates folder to the exceptions in your antivirus software;
- Reboot the computer to force other applications to free the %TMP%\AcronisUpdates folder;
- Reattempt the installation via the Check for updates option in Acronis True Image Home 2012.
If you do not want to reboot the machine or if the workaround does not help, you can download and install the latest build manually. See Acronis True Image Home 2012: Updating to Build 6131.
If you receive an error message when trying to open %TMP% folder via Start -> Run -> %TMP%, it means that this environment variable is not set. You need to set it up in before automatic updates can be downloaded from the website.
As a workaround, you can also download the latest build manually from Acronis Website: see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
Contact Acronis Support if you have any questions or need assistance.