Uninstall the product and reattempt installation
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You are running installation of an update of Acronis True Image Home 2012;
- The installation attempt fails with the following message:
You have a custom build of the product installed (e.g. Acronis Customer Central provided you with it). The custom build has the same product code as the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2012, which prevents from proper installation.
As a workaround, please uninstall Acronis True Image Home 2012 from Windows:
- Windows XP: Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: Start -> Control Panel -> Program and Features
Once the product is uninstalled, download the latest build and install it. See Acronis True Image Home 2012: Updating to Build 6131.
(!) If the regular uninistall does not help, please run a cleanup utility to remove all of the product traces from the system - see Acronis True Image Home 2011, 2012 and True Image 2013 by Acronis: Cleanup Utility. Then reattempt the installation.
See also Acronis True Image Home 2012.