Use the ICompGS tool delivered with Acronis Group Server
Acronis Group Server is a management tool that provides ability to schedule, monitor and manage group backup tasks. It deploys group tasks to the agents, polls the agents for the status of running tasks and provides the administrator with the summary tasks state display over the network.
From time to time you may need to renew the list of machines you manage through Acronis Group Server. To do this, use the ICompGS tool delivered with Acronis Group Server:
Create a .txt file with names of the machines that should be in Acronis Group Server;
Go to command prompt: Win-R -> cmd;
In command line, run the tool:
"[drive letter]:\Program Files\Acronis\GroupServer\ICompGS.exe" /filename "[path to the .txt file]"
(!) The names of the machines in the file can be separated by commas, semicolons or carriage returns.
The ICompGS.exe command has to be executed on the same machine where Acronis Group Server is, but the .txt file can be placed anywhere as long as the ICompGS.exe has access to it.
There are A1, B1, C1 and D1 machines in Acronis Group Server database. You would like to add E1 and F1 machines, and remove B1 and C1.
- Create a .txt file with the machine names: A1, D1, E1, F1;
- Execute the tool and provide path to this .txt file;
- B1 and C1 will be removed from Acronis Group Server;
- E1 and F1 will be added to Acronis Group Server;
- The final list of the machines in Acronis Group Server will have A1, D1, E1, F1.