Modify a registry key to resolve the issue
- You attempt to install Acronis Management Server on a clean machine or over a previous version of Acronis Management Server;
- Installation fails;
- You see the following error in the installation log:
1: MSIGEN:CommonError: code:8356354, message:, linetag:6140929881924867570, CommonError: code:8323601, message: Connection string for database acronis_cms is not found., linetag:6140929881924867229
1: MsiManagementServerServiceInstall: Failed to repair database connection strings: 8356354
For more information on creating and analyzing installation log see Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis Software and Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology.
A registry key that is necessary for installation is missing.
- Open Windows registry: go to Start -> Run -> regedit;
- Locate the following registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Acronis\AMS\ConnectionStrings\acronis_cms . If the keys are empty please refer to step 10.
- Right-click on this key, select Export and save the key as .reg file:
- Right-click on the saved registry key and select Open with -> Notepad;
- The file in Notepad will look similar to this:
- In the line [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\AMS\ConnectionStrings], add "Wow6432Node": [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\AMS\ConnectionStrings]
- Save the changes to the .reg file;
- Double-click on the .reg file to reimport the key and add changes to the registry:
- Reattempt the installation.
- If the keys are empty please create them as described in Acronis Backup Advanced: Unable to Connect to Acronis Management Server after Update.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.