AcronisInfo is a utility that automatically gathers User Rights Assignment list, Windows Event Log, Msinfo32, Acronis registry keys, Acronis logs, Acronis Scheduler report, Acronis Disks Report and list of user’s Active Directory groups
The supported operating systems are:
- Windows 2000 and later
For gathering the necessary diagnostic information on Linux systems, see Linux System Report
AcronisInfo is a command line application that gathers the diagnostic files listed below, puts them in a temporary folder and archives them into AcronisInfo.zip. The temporary folder is then deleted. You may be asked for AcronisInfo output by an Acronis Customer Service representative.
AcronisInfo has been integrated into most of the Acronis products
- For Acronis Disk Director 12 and 11 see Acronis Disk Director: Collecting System Information.
- For Acronis True Image 2017 see Acronis True Image 2017: Collecting System Report
- For Acronis True Image 2016 see Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report
- For Acronis True Image 2015 see Acronis True Image 2015: Generating System Report
- For Acronis True Image 2014 see Acronis True Image 2014: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis True Image for Mac see Acronis True Image for Mac: Acronis System Report.
- For True Image 2013 by Acronis see True Image 2013 by Acronis: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis True Image Home 2012 see Acronis True Image Home 2012: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis True Image Home 2011 see Acronis True Image Home 2011: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis True Image Home 2010 see Acronis True Image Home 2010: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 see Acronis Backup & Recovery 11: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5 see Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report.
- For Acronis Backup 12.5/12 see Acronis Backup 12: Collecting System Information
- For Acronis Backup Cloud see Acronis Backup Cloud: Collecting System Report
For other products or if you cannot run the product to create the system report, please proceed as described below.
- Acronis Backup 12 users: Download SystemInfo Utility
Acronis Backup 11.7 users: Download Systeminfo Utility
Acronis True Image users: Download AcronisInfo Utility for True Image
- Choose to Save the file, not to Run it:
- Save file to the Desktop or any other folder:
- Then click to either run the file or to open the containing folder and run it manually by double-clicking on it (if you are not an Aministrator, make sure you start the tool under admin account: right click on the tool -> run as Administrator):
- Accept the Security Warnings if any:
- The program will start working, it may take up to 5 minutes:
- The gathered information will be put in systeminfo.zip file in the same folder where you placed the utility.
Running AcronisInfo may take up to 5 minutes.
Please also consider the following points:
- The AcronisInfo utility should be run on the machine where the issue occurs. For example, if there is an issue with remote backup, the utility should be run on the machine with Acronis Agent, and not on the machine with Acronis Management Console;
- If you are not sure from what machine to obtain the information, please run the AcronisInfo utility on all the machines that take part in the operation that fails;
- Please remember that you may still have to gather some information manually, e.g. SnapAPI logs, MS SQL database logs, etc. If this needs be done, an Acronis Customer Central Representative will notify you;
- Please check the consistency of the information within the created archive.
List of the items AcronisInfo gathers:
- User Rights Assignment list
Exports Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignments.
Method: secedit /export /areas USER_RIGHTS /cfg %dist_folder%\rights_assign.txt
- Windows Event Log
Exports System and Application logs in .evt format.
Method: wmic nteventlog where "Logfilename = 'System'" Call BackupEventLog "%dist_folder%\syslog.evt"
wmic nteventlog where "Logfilename = 'Application'" Call BackupEventLog "%dist_folder%\applog.evt"
Exports Msinfo32 as .nfo file.
Method: "%CommonProgramFiles%\MICROS~1\MSINFO\msinfo32.exe" /nfo %dist_folder%\msinfo32report.nfo
- Acronis registry keys
Exports HKLM\Software\Acronis for windows or HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\Acronis
Method: regedit /E %dist_folder%\acro_reg.reg “…registry_key…”
- Acronis logs
Copies contents of %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis and %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\APPDATA\Acronis
Method: Copy folder
- Acronis Scheduler report
Executes command get report > %dist_folder%\schedreport.txt
Method: Call schedmgr
- Acronis Disks Report
Uses SnapAPI to collect information on hard disk structure.
Method: Call SnapAPI
- List of user’s Active Directory groups
For a given domain user export the list of groups containing this user.
Method: Use ADCI/LDAP
Gathers Resultant Set of Policy in a domain.
Method: gpresult /z > gpresult.txt
Executing AcronisInfo in command-line
Turning off gathering of specific items
AcronisInfo.exe C:\AcronisInfo.zip –no_diskrep
- -no_ra: User Rights Assignment is turned off
- -no_syslog: Windows Event Log is turned off
- -no_msreport: Msinfo32 is turned off
- -no_acroreg: Acronis registry keys is turned off
- -no_acrolog: Acronis logs is turned off
- -no_schedrep: Acronis Scheduler report is turned off
- -no_diskrep: Acronis Disks Report is turned off
- -no_ad: User’s Active Directory groups is turned off
Deleting large files before archiving
AcronisInfo.exe C:\AcronisInfo.zip –filter 1
- -filter (size in MB) – no files larger then size given are included into output report.
Once collected, attach the created .zip file long with your support request to Acronis Customer Central.