Create a new user account manually and specify it as MMS user during installation.
- You try to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11;
- Installation fails with the following error:
Error Code: 0x00624E29+0x00D281F7
Error Message: Installation error.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 failed to create a new user for MMS service
- Failed to grant the required privileges to an existing user.
If you are attempting to install on the domain controller, please download the latest build of the product, which should have a fix for this.
Otherwise proceed with the instructions below:
As a workaround, you can create a new user account manually (or use an already existing one) and specify it as Acronis Managed Machine Service user while installing the product:
If you do not get the screen shown above, please save/extract AcronisAgentCore.msi in the very first installer window and install via double click manually. This might be needed on a Windows domain controller, where always an existing user should be used starting from Build 17318. Then you can continue to run the regular setup (at least AcronisAgentWindows.msi is needed too).
Make sure that the MMS user meets the following requirements:
- The user must have read/write permissions for the following folders:
- Windows 2000/XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\
- Windows Vista/7/ 2008: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Agent
- The user must have full control of the following registry keys and all subkeys:
- Windows 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\
- Windows 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Acronis\
- The user must have the following privileges:
- Log on as service
- Adjust memory quotas for a process
- Replace a process-level token
- The user for Acronis Managed Machine Service must belong to the Backup operators group. On Domain Controllers, the user must also be a member of the Domain Administrators group to have access to the Active Directory during a backup with VSS.
If you need assistance, please contact Acronis Customer Central.