To get an installation serial number of a boxed product, you need first to activate it at the Acronis web site
The boxed versions of Acronis products produced after March 2, 2009 are shipped with 16-digit activation keys instead of product serial numbers. The serial number can be obtained by submitting the activation key and other necessary registration details either at the Boxed product registration page or on the registration page of your Acronis account.
For information on how to find your serial number please see How to find the serial number of your Acronis product.
- Go to Boxed Product Registration page;
- Submit the required details and your activation key. The confirmation prompt will be sent to the submitted E-mail address shortly;
- Click the link in confirmation prompt or copy and paste the link into the address bar of your web browser. You will be redirected to Registered Products & Support page. The product serial number will be displayed among your registered products;
- Use the displayed serial number to install the product.
Register the activation code as you would register a full serial number in your Acronis account (see this article for help) and obtain the full serial number in My products section.
- If the E-mail submitted at Boxed Product Registration page is already registered at the Acronis web site, the system will register the serial number to this account without sending any confirmation letters;
- If you already have an account, you can also submit your activation key at the general Product Registration page. The serial number will be registered to your account and displayed in Registered Products & Support section;
- The support services for the product will be activated as well and will be valid for 1 year starting from the registration date for Enterprise products or for 2 years from the registration date for Personal products;
- If you lost your serial number, you can always recover it from Registered Products & Support page.