Change the credentials for the backup plan in the advanced view
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- You create a scheduled backup plan and set it to run under the current user or provide a different one:
- The scheduled backup task fails with the following error messages in the log:
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password
The credentials under which Acronis Backup & Recovery tries to run the plan are incorrect.
This means you have either provided incorrect credentials or the credentials have changed since the backup plan creation.
You can either recreate the backup plan or edit the existing one to provide correct credentials:
- Select a backup plan and click Edit:
- Edit the plan credentials:
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.