Allow Acronis Managed Machine Service some time to initialize
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- From Acronis Management Console, you attempt to connect to the local machine, or you execute Manage this machine shortcut:
- The connection attempt fails with the following error message and error code:
Failed to establish local connection to Acronis Managed Machine Service
The following service responsible for Acronis Agent has not yet been initialized on the machine:
Acronis Managed Machine Service
If you have just installed or started the Acronis Managed Machine Service, please allow it some time (up to 3 minutes) to initialize.
Acronis Managed Machine Service needs some time to initialize and to work with Acronis Backup & Recovery. Normally the service needs 10-15 seconds to start and initialize, but on some systems the startup may take longer, depending on the system configuration (up to 3 minutes).
If the issue persists, please try restarting the Acronis Managed Machine Service:
- Open the Services applet (Start-Run -> services.msc):
- On the Services window, right-click on the Acronis Managed Machine Service and check if it is started:
(!) Please make sure that the name is exactly Acronis Managed Machine Service.
- Right-click on the service and select Start:
If the service shows up as Started but the issue persists, please contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article.
See also Acronis Backup 11.5.