Configuring the product to let users deploy and redeploy their machines with one click on the boot menu
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
When enabling or configuring the user-initiated deployment mode with Acronis PXE Server, the software first removes all bootable components (Acronis Snap Deploy 4 Agent, Acronis Snap Deploy 4 Master Image Creator, and the PE image) from the PXE server, because users might be confused by the unknown items appearing in the boot menu. Then, the software uploads to the PXE server the templates selected by the administrator. So you will have to upload the bootable utilities again, if they are needed after switching off the user-initiated deployment mode.
- Start the Acronis Management Console and click Configure user-initiated deployment:
- On the welcome screen of the deployment wizard, click Next:
- Select the deployment templates:
- Select whether to boot the operating system or start deployment if user makes no selection:
- Specify the Acronis OS Deploy Server to connect to:
- Select whether you want to use Acronis PXE Server or bootable media:
If you select Acronis PXE Server, put in the machine credentials where it is installed and running:
- Review the summary and click Switch on:
Here is what you will see in the Acronis Management Console:
Here is what users will see when booted from Acronis PXE Server or Acronis Bootable Media:
See also Acronis Snap Deploy 4.