Windows VHD, Acronis Snap Deploy, Acronis True Image, and Acronis Backup & Recovery files are supported
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
Acronis Snap Deploy 4 can deploy any of the following backup/image files:
- Master image created by any version of Acronis Snap Deploy;
- Disk-level backup created by Acronis True Image or Acronis Backup & Recovery;
- Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 VHD files.
Acronis True Image and Acronis Backup & Recovery backup limitations:
- If there are incremental/differential backups, they should not be moved from their original backup location;
- If the backup is split in several volumes, all of the volumes should reside in the same folder;
- Only basic MBR disks are available for deployment.
VHD backup limitations:
- You can perform deployment from a VHD file that contains both basic and dynamic volumes. However, all dynamic volumes will be deployed as basic volumes;
- If the VHD backup is split in several volumes, all of the volumes should reside in the same folder. See also Acronis Snap Deploy 4: Impossible to Deploy Split VHD Files;
- Only MBR disks can be deployed.