Setting up E-mail notifications
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup vor VMware (Acronis vmProtect) 9
- Acronis vmProtect 8
- Acronis vmProtect 7
Set up SMTP relay in your Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 as described in Microsoft Exchange Team Blog: Allowing application servers to relay off Exchange Server 2007.
Set up SMTP relay in your Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 as described in Microsoft TechNet Article: Allowing application servers to relay off Exchange Server 2010.
- Click Configure -> Backup Settings -> Notifications -> E-mail:
- Put in the E-mail address in the form of <firstname.lastname@example.org> if otherwise e-mail notifications do not work:
(!) If the SMTP server does not require authentication, make sure the User name and Password fields are left blank.
- To prevent SMTP from not detecting the notification correctly, either leave the field From blank or try putting your existing E-Mail address in, in the form of email@example.com
To set up E-mail notifications to your Gmail account:
- E-mail address should without brackets, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- User name: email@example.com, password: your_gmail_account_password
Use Encryption: SSL
(!) POP support in gmail account settings should be ENABLED. To enable POP go to your gmail account and choose POP Enabled in Settings.
(!) "Allow less secure apps" option in Google account settings should be ON. To enable it log into your Google account and modify corresponding option under "Sign in & Security" settings.