Fixed in build 540
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
- You have OS Deploy Server of Acronis Snap Deploy 4 installed on the same machine with Acronis PXE Server of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 or Acronis Backup & Recovery 11;
- Connecting Acronis Snap Deploy Agents to the OS Deploy Server results in numerous error entries in the log:
Failed to start multicast session on FileServer
- The deployment is not possible.
Acronis PXE Server and OS Deploy Server are incompatible on the first installation until a reboot is done. They both use the same module - FileServer, which is responsible for TCP sessions. The versions of FileServer are different for Acronis Backup & Recovery and Acronis Snap Deploy 4.
Acronis Backup & Recovery FileServer is incompatible with OS Deploy Server of Acronis Snap Deploy 4 until the first reboot.
Issue was fixed in build 540 of Acronis Snap Deploy 4. Update to the latest build.
Workaround: After you install OS Deploy Server on the same machine with Acronis Backup & Recovery PXE Server, reboot the system. After the reboot, there will be no compatibility issues - both OS Deploy Server and Acronis PXE Server will work.
See also Acronis Snap Deploy 4.